A Message to My Friends and Supporters
Oceanside is a city full of opportunities, and has a promising future - with the right leadership! As Mayor, I will bring the vision, the thoughtful leadership, and the energy to tackle the tough issues that will improve and enhance our community.
There is no single issue more important to me than putting people back to work and growing our local economy. As Mayor, I will do my best to increase job opportunities for Oceanside residents of today and tomorrow.
My focus will be to:
· Transform Oceanside into a center for entrepreneurship and creativity
· Recruit firms in the biotechnology, design, health care and information and digital technology sector
· Make investments in transportation infrastructure, business incubators and other necessary improvements
We must not only attract resources that build wealth, we must hold them and grow them. What keeps brainpower, labor or investors in a city - quality of life and quality of community.
The residents of Oceanside:
· Deserve a government that is accountable
· Deserve a government that spends tax dollars wisely according to strategic and comprehensive vision that benefit the taxpayers
· Deserve a leader who will implement plans with an eye toward the future rather than the past
· Deserve a leader who won't let special interests or vocal minorities guide the process
I will work to make my administration nimble, to better meet challenges as they arise, seize opportunities when they come along, and reflect the reality that development of Oceanside’s economy will always be critical to the future of our City. Together, we can build a community that honors individual achievement, neighborhood security, economic growth, corporate excellence, and government efficiency.
I remain very optimistic about the future of Oceanside, and with your help, we can move Oceanside forward. I ask for your support and your vote on November 6, 2012.
Vote Kern for vision and leadership.
Vote Kern for Mayor!
Last Updated (Thursday, 17 November 2011 04:15)